Meet Steve Parker, Fort Lewis College Foundation Board Member

steve parkerFort Lewis College’s Office of Advancement is proud to feature prominent members of the community on the FLC Alumni blog.

Today, we introduce you to Steve Parker.

“I am a retired community banker who moved to Durango in 1980.  While I was raised and mostly educated down south in Louisiana and Texas, my life here in Colorado has taken up over half my life.  I consider myself to be at least a semi-native of this great state.

My first contact with FLC occurred right after I arrived here to run the old Burns National Bank.  I was treated to lunch by Rexer Berndt and Don Whalen, who were eager to share the merits of Fort Lewis College with me.  They must have succeeded as I was elected to the Foundation Board during that first year here.

During the ups and downs of our micro economy, I have been impressed at the economic support our college gives to our entire region.  I can list so many other positive aspects and will do so over the following months.  To those of you who were fortunate enough to attend college here, I want to say thanks for being such a major part of the connection the college has forged with the town of Durango, as well as La Plata County.”

Steve is a very active friend of Fort Lewis College, and continues to serve on the Foundation Board of Directors.  He also helps out on the Foundation Investment Committee and has even taken full classes at the Fort.