About me

image_pdfimage_print

DSCN1227My name is Anna Chambers. I am from Durango, Colorado and I am studying Psychology here at Fort Lewis College.  After I receive my degree, I hope move forward to Occupational Therapy to help a variety of people with their day-to-day routines.

The idea of Occupational Therapy is so close to my heart because of how passionate I feel towards the population of individuals with disabilities. This all began for me when I was a Sophomore in High School. I worked within a program called “kids to kids”. The idea of the class was to take students to and from their classes as well as help them grow academically.

On the first day of the class I got paired with a young girl named Valerie. She instantly stole my heart and I ended up working with IMG_1805her for three years and concluded our time together by walking her at graduation. As Val is still an incredibly big part of my life today, I can’t help but thank God for giving me this gift of helping others. I look forward to sharing more with all of you through my blog!