| Sitting in a circle 2
Writer Designer Book 4
Open Discussion 2
Having a Blog 3
Time on task 3
Cohert Groups 4
Texting Professor 2
Language book 3
Notes in class 4
No penalty for missing class 3
Access to peers blogs 4
Significant Learning (Dee Fink) 3
Pencil and Paper 4
So what book 1
Give your own mid term grade 4
Blogs about your major 2
Class outside of class 4
Get to know peers 3
1- Didn’t do it at all
2- Did some of it
3- Did most of it
4- Did all of it
- Sitting in a circle – I gave myself a 2 here because although I like the setup I tend to sit on the same side of the room every class. This doesn’t help me get to know my classmates because I don’t sit next to anyone new.
- Writer Designer book- I gave myself a 4 because I did purchase the book and I used the first chapter to improve all of my blog post
- Open Discussion- I gave myself a 2 because sometimes I wouldn’t talk in the discussions unless Bill called on me and I had to
- Having a blog- I gave myself a 3 because although I did most of what I was told there was still sometimes I didn’t blog. Also my blog wasn’t professional for a while.
- Time on task- I gave myself a 3 because sometimes I wouldn’t go the whole time that was given to us, but would still complete the entire task.
- Cohert Groups- I gave myself a 4 because I always showed up and always came with a positive attitude. Also I would come with the assignment done so there was something for us to discuss.
- Texting Professor- I gave myself a 2 because I never texted Bill letting him know that I was going to miss class or when I had a question.
- Language Book- I gave myself a 3 because although I didn’t buy the book I got in touch with a classmate and was able to use theirs to finish the assignment and read the articles I selected.
- Notes in class- I gave myself a 4 because I try to write down everything Bill says and also anything interesting that my classmates say. Also I gave myself a 4 because whenever I had a question I was able to refer back to my notes and answer it myself
- No Penalty for missing class- I gave myself a 3 because I didn’t take advantage of the fact we weren’t penalized for missing class and I only missed 2 classes
- Access to peers blogs- I gave myself a 4 because I used this tool to the fullest and always looked at my classmates blogs whenever I was unsure how something was supposed to look
- Dee Fink Significant Learning- I gave myself a 3 because I did read the article but I didn’t print it off and annotate it
- Pencil and Paper- I gave myself a 4 because I always came to class prepared and ready to take notes for that day
- So what book- I gave myself a 1 because I didn’t purchase the book or I didn’t make an effort to try and read it like we were told to
- Give your own mid term grade- I gave myself a 4 because I am assessing myself extremely hard and am trying to give myself the grade I truthfully believe I deserve
- Blogs about your major- I gave myself a 2 because for a while my blog didn’t represent my major and had pictures that didn’t go with my blog.
- Class outside of class- I gave myself a 4 because when we had class outside some might have thought the class would be laid back but I still came with the tools I needed that day and treated that day like any other day
- Email- I gave myself a 4 because I used email to contact classmates if I didn’t have their info or to set up a place for us to meet as a group.
- Get to know your peers- I gave myself a 3 because I exchanged information with people in group so it was easy for us to communicate. Also I know the majority of the classes names except for a couple that slip my mind from time to time. Lastly, I tried to engage in a conversation with people I didn’t know as well as much as possible
After all the time spent self assessing I believe I deserve at least a B in this course. I think this because although there are some assignments or something’s I didn’t do so well, I feel that all the positive things I did out weigh those negative things. Also because I took a lot of time and effort to self assess and didn’t just put something up at the last minute.