Tip Off Around The Corner

Sports. Unfortunately for me. I lived in an area where a multitude of sport activities was not offered to me. I had cross country, wrestling, and basketball. Thus I never grew a real interest or appreciation of any sport other than basketball. Everyone I knew, was all about basketball. Everything else was just kind of there. Everyone has their team, mine was Detroit. Simply because my family is from Michigan. In just over a week now, the National Basketball Association (NBA) will be tipping off the start of the season. And for this basketball junkie excitement is a gross understatement.

Ever been a fan of a team, and they werern’t terrible. But they weren’t even decent. Just in that enigma that is mediocrity? That fan was myself. Being a follower of the Detroit Pistons has been challenging the past  5 years(years since the team has made the playoffs). But the horizon seems to be getting brighter. With moves that brought a borderline all-star Josh Smith and controversial point guard Brandon Jennings. This season is already off to a good start. The team is certainly not proven to be anything special yet. But the excitement of a playoff berth is the best news any fan can ask for, especially if it means no more agonizing criticism for being a fan of the Detroit Pistons.

This season has many questions. Can anyone stop the juggernaut that is the Miami Heat. Will Derrick Rose return to his former MVP self after a year of rest from a torn ACL. Will Kobe Bryant recover from his fractured Achilles Tendon fast enough to carry his Laker team to the playoffs. Who will lose the most games this season and get the prized #1 pick for Andrew Wiggins of Kansas University. Will Dwight Howard be able to win in Houston.  And the most important question to me how well will the Pistons do in the playoffs. If they make the playoffs. One things for sure its going to be a good season. The NBA is BIG