Classified Incentive Awards Announced

By , December 16, 2011 12:51 pm

The College has authorized a one- time, non-base building 3% incentive award to Classified employees who received a performance rating of 2 (meeting expectations) or 3 (exceeding expectations) during the 2010-2011 performance management cycle. This incentive award is equal to 3% of the eligible employee’s annual base salary as of May 1, 2011 and will be paid in one lump sum payment on the December 30th pay date.

I am a current employee who was in a regular (not temporary), classified position (full or part-time) on April 1, 2011. Will I receive the incentive award?

Yes, as long as you received a performance rating of 2 (meeting expectations) or 3 (exceeding expectations) during the 2010-2011 performance management cycle.

I am a current employee who was hired on or after April 1, 2011. Will I receive the incentive award?

No. The incentive award is to reward classified staff who received a performance rating of 2 or 3 during the 2010-2011 performance cycle.

What is a one-time, non-base building incentive award?

This is a one-time payment that will not change your current, ongoing monthly base salary. It will increase your pay for this one month only.

How will the 3% incentive award be calculated?

It will be calculated based on the regular annual base salary you were earning on May 1, 2011.

I have two part-time positions. How will my 3% incentive award be calculated?

It will be calculated based on each of the base salary amounts you were earning on May 1, 2011.

I’ve done some supplemental work, or I am currently working with an M.O.U which pays me more than my base salary. How will my 3% incentive award be calculated?

It will be calculated based on the regular annual base salary you were earning on May 1, 2011. Amounts paid for supplemental work, or under the MOU will not be considered for this incentive award.

I have been promoted or changed my FTE status since May 1st. Will my new salary be considered in the calculation of the incentive award?

No. The incentive award will be 3% of your annual base salary on May 1, 2011.

Will the dollar amount from my incentive award be taxed?

Yes. It will be taxed according to your current W4 elections.

Will the dollar amount from my incentive award count toward my PERA earnings?

Yes. The College will withhold the appropriate amount from your award to submit to PERA; and, the College will make its appropriate contribution to PERA on your behalf.

One Response to “Classified Incentive Awards Announced”

1. Jennifer Stewart says:

Thank you for this incentive award, it was very much appreciated.