- COMP 150 / SEC 12
- Italics, no quotations
- Be consistent
- Preliminary matter is double spaced
- Name, Instructor, Class, Date
- 11pt. Times New Roman
- Essay applying notes to class (after 4 hours)
- Essay that connects conversation to education (after 4 hrs.)
- “I didn’t get anything out of that class”
- “It was a waste of time”
- I’m never gonna use anything with that”
- That’s of no use to me”
Discussion to push to understand language, subtleties, pushing against common assumptions about writing.
Developing abilities as critical thinkers.
Learning how hard it is to write.
- something that is not kidding around
- solemn attitude
- “cereal”, “Serious Texas”- ironically, not serious
- focused, determined
- comedian takes serious situations and makes them not serious in a not serious situation
- setting, atmosphere
- attempt on one’s part to be understood
- a way of communicating an important thing with conviction
- Batman “Why so serious?” Deep thought
- full-bodied attempt
- emotion that shows/matches/rises to the magnitude of a situation
- “Realness” or important a situation
- direct, getting something out of a conversation
- tool so no one knows that they should take something (queue)
Common ordinary words have meaning when we put them on paper.
Write about serious as it relates to this class.