About Me

My name is C.J. Calvert, I am a musician, writer, and self proclaimed social commentator. To give you perspective on how bad I am at writing “About me” pages, they normally consist of “I like stuff”. Granted they are less professional blogs, but you get the gist.

I’m writing a book called The Songs of Their Fathers which is the first installment of The War to End All Wars series that is currently in the works. It is also my project for National Novel Writing Month 2014. The goal is 50,000 words by the end of the month of November.

I am also a very avid reader, currently I am reading Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson, and Openly Straight by Bill Konigsberg. All of which I recommend. I also recommend the A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien, and The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini (science-fiction and fantasy are kind of my thing).

As a musician I listen to all kinds of music like punk, classical, and rock. Country music is very much excluded. I was also a music student for six years and I am a skilled flutist.