Following grandpas footsteps.

Growing up in a small community like Ignacio, Colorado you aren’t surrounded by much besides the beautiful landscape. When I was younger my eyes would get lost in the beauty of all the colors, the sunflower meadows and fields full of hay. I would spend most of my time in my grandpa, Harold Seibel’s art studio, watching him paint. He was my biggest motivator and is my number one role model. Art was his life as he showed me it became mine two. We shared this passion and love with our artwork. I would look at his disproportioned paintings and drawings and I tried to mimic some of the pieces. I enjoyed this for quite some time before I was introduced to a whole new different way of making art. Using a computer and exploring the different fonts and many more.

When I got older I want to pursue art but I want to eventually have a successful job where I could make a living. I want to enjoy my future career making art for the public.  In order to do that I would have to learn to do so. I want to make my art something that the public would be intrigued to look at and even make a connection. Before my grandpa past he told me to live and love everyday you have. There’s no time for holding back who you are. If its sitting at a desk working all day or traveling the world, find happiness. Art is my happiness, its my peace and thats when I decided I want to make a lifestyle doing what I love.

Graphic design will provide me with information on how to advertise my artwork. I already enjoy my major because I am also learning different styles of art and I am expanding my joy and love for this type of lifestyle.