Blogathon

Fellow Scholars:

Well, I must say I started this blogathon wrong. I thought that I could compose together my blogs of the material we have read, of which I should have already blogged about and of which take much longer than twenty-five minutes to write. Now that I have realized that I can’t try to use this day of synchronous blogging to catch up and do blogs that I should have already completed, I saved what I had started on in my drafts and began this piece to let all of you know. I guess now for the rest of this post, I will talk about my morning so far.

I tried to wake up at 8am so I could get up, eat breakfast, and post blogs before this blogathon and like I planned…..catch up. I didn’t happen to wake up until 8:30am and moved very slowly. By the time I had showered, cleaned the kitchen, and eaten breakfast, there was no time to post anything before the synchronous blogging (of which I’m calling the blogathon, if you haven’t noticed). I am now very prepared for the blogathon now, although I realized that writing about the four texts we read on multimodal composition would take me much longer than twenty-five minutes. This has been my morning so far and I will have better posts to come. Hope all you fellow scholars are doing well this morning and are enjoying the activity of synchronous blogging!

All the Best,

Erik Sortland

4 Responses to “Blogathon”

1. mjbigman says:

You sir need to stop procrastinating. Only kidding Erik but since you critique my blogs a lot I will do the same. For one I feel like you rushed this blog. I want to know why you called it a blogathon? Also what is the academic purpose of this blog? know may I just remind you Erik I’m only kidding, I just thought it was fun to do this since you like to do the same to all our blogs. See you in class tomorrow Erik and keep blogging.

• eksortland says:

Hello good sir…. I may seem like quite the procrastinator, but I’m more busy than I am actually procrastinating. Anyways, I’m calling it a blogathon because I think it’s a cool other way to say synchronous blogging. It’s like when Bill says we should learn to paraphrase or translate something into our own words. And to your second question, I feel as though I can only respond with another question right back at you….Do all of our posts on our blogs have to have an academic purpose? Blogs can also be used to let you in on my thinking and let others know where I am. Lastly, don’t worry about telling me that you’re only kidding, then it makes it sound like your not serious about the comments and criticism that you’re leaving me. There is no harm done, only helpful criticism. Much love, and you keep on blogging as well.

2. rlparker says:

Doesn’t the email say we can draw from our readings? That’s what I did, I was reflecting on one the of chapters we read. I guess I will have to do something else then.

3. eksortland says:

I actually didn’t read the email that was sent out this morning, but only participated in this activity by what Bill had told us in class yesterday. When I choose to write about things we have read though, it takes me much longer to write a post because I more critically think about what I want to say. I’m not saying that you can’t draw from our readings, it’s just my choice that when I do, I want my writing to be to the best of my ability (taking me much longer than twenty-five minutes).