A Hit or Miss????

Are the plans for Sochi 2014 achievable? Sochi’s plan for hosting the Winter Olympics has six different plans in mind. They start with healthy living, barrier-free world, modern technologies, in harmony with nature, economic prosperity, and finally culture and national values.

For starters I believe the healthy living plan is a great idea. I really agree that with the hosting of the Winter Olympics it should bring motivation to locals, children and participants in sports and physical activity. In my opinion if I knew Durango was going to host the Winter Olympics, you better believe I would want to be come more involved with participating in these sports or just to simply improve my physical fitness level. I also totally agree that medical services will rise in quality and bring forth more attention.

On the barrier-free world I can also see this plan working out. I have worked with people and children that have disabilities. It is remarkable how their attitude changes so drastically when they realize that they can also participate in the same activities that all the others can. I believe we  can all work together to help these unfortunate people understand that their importance in life, especially sport, is just as important as anyone else.

With the face paced growth of technology I completely believe that their aspect of modern technologies will work . In the technology world almost anything is possible. These new advancements of the UIS portal is a fantastic idea it can help participants and spectators, internationally, be able to easily make their stay a less of a hassle.

In harmony with nature is one of the most important steps I believe in the plan. It should be mandatory at all big sporting events like these to make rules and regulations on how much of an impact any set up can take on the environment. Nothing would make a person more upset than if a huge event like this was supposed to help their local economy but instead it completely destroyed their scenery and surrounding environment.

The last step of the plan I agree with is the economic prosperity. The object of this step is to help the local economy as much as possible. This means new jobs, volunteer movement and the upbringing of more business to local companies. If it works according to plan the place of Sochi should see a huge economic gain.

The last step of the plan I am questionable about. When bringing up cultural and national believes it is a touchy subject. Some countries care so strongly about their culture that any  new interruptions to that can cause some tension. If someone has a set belief on something it is very difficult to change their mind.

In this YouTube video it shows just a glimpse of what creations they are going to and have added to the location to make it easier for spectators and participants. It shows the technology part of the plan does not seem to be an issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uluVnk7kBgE

Over all I believe Sochi’s plan for the Winter Olympics in 2014 is a great idea. If the plan works it could be a huge economic and intellectual gain for the area.

Tags: