Let Your Career Guide You

Lynne_Andrew_2012

I want everything to be taken care of so my coaching staff does not have to worry when it is gametime

Lynne Andrew came into the room to give us some guidelines on what it is like to be in her footsteps and how she got to where she is at today, Associate Athletic Director of Fort Lewis College. She gave some pretty good insight on what it means to have strong work ethics and how to maintain a strong bond of connections with people who make an impact on your life, especially on your career. Usually one would consider that as an Associate Athletic Director your job would be to sit at a desk all day; but Lynne is always running around and her first priorities are to the student athletes. She is so passionate about her job and what she does that she would not give it up. She can discuss that when the following Tuesday rolls around the triple header day they accomplished was all worth it, cleaning the snow off the soccer fields, getting the bleachers out for spectators to sit on and even having workers available to help at the gate.

Listening to her talk about how her career has led her to where she is at today, was amazing. Lynne stated that

Everywhere I went, was a career decision.

She has this mindset that what she sets for herself she accomplishes career wise. She started off playing basketball at the Collegiate level, which led to her climbing the ladder of becoming an assistant coach at the collegiate level, and then leading to what she wanted in her life, a head coach and now as an Associate Athletic Director. She encouraged us that throughout her career she had someone to help her along the ropes and to give her guidance or refer her for the next opportunity in her career. She deserves all the credit and appreciation to help put up an event.

I took for granted going to a game, but now I know who to thank when I’m sitting on the bleachers cheering on our SkyHawks.

Tags: , , ,