Office Space and Classrooms Adding Stress to the Mind

image_pdfimage_print

chilline_exam_stresshttp://www.adrants.com/images/chilline_exam_stress.jpg

My major is public health. One of the biggest issues within the field of public health is mental health the prevalence of depression in adults. One article that stood out in particular was “Office design can help ease workplace anxiety”. This article’s main points were how many adults suffer from anxiety and depression in the workplace because many offices’ layout plan placed workers near distractions such as a noisy printer and loud hallways. These distractions can lead to productivity loss and because of this, workers may not finish their work on time leading to longer hours at the office. Some solutions that could ease the anxiety of workers are designated social areas where there are no distractions, but opportunities for the employees to make friends with other coworkers. This decreases psychological strain on the employees which allows them to be more open minded about seeking help.

As a scholar, one of the most important factors about going to college is making sure the classroom is suitable for acquiring knowledge. This does not just mean a professor at the head of the room with scholars sitting in desks before them, but an environment where people look forward to learning and feel good about where they are. I believe that I do my best in a classroom setting where I know my fellow scholars, the professor knows us as well, and it is not a place where I feel stressed going in.

I think this article and my thoughts about a classroom environment go hand-in-hand. Many of my friends, including me, feel anxiety if we cannot feel that we are able to focus in the classroom such as outside noises and loud classmates. Why add extra stress to students when we already have enough on our plates such as homework loads from classes and paying rent? I think the classroom, like an adults workplace should not add any more stress to the employee and the scholar, but a helpful place for the minhttp://www.bdlive.co.za/life/health/2014/12/10/office-design-can-help-ease-workplace-anxietyd.

Meditation+xxx