Blessing someone basically boils down to love and care for someone else. Here are a couple simple ways to bless someone this weekend and get you thinking about what you can do for someone. I also challenge you try and be a blessing to someone you maybe don’t know very well or don’t know at all.
1. Send an encouraging or caring message to someone via texting, Facebook, E-mail, or whatever form of technological communication you prefer. Want to really bless someone? Call them.
2. Get a drink or snack for someone. This simple act of kindness is a splendid blessing.
3. Compliment somebody. It can be a compliment about anything.
4. Inquire to someone about their week. If you sit down with someone for a meal, this a perfect time. Be serious and show genuine concern for them.
These next two are my favorites and take a few more guts and genuine care for someone you’ve never met.
5. Sit down with someone who is sitting alone in the cafeteria. Introduce yourself, ask how they’re doing, get to know them. This can be an incredible blessing for someone who may not be as social as others.
6. If you get a snack from a vending machine, leave enough money for the next person to get a snack. I know we all use our Skycards for this, but if you use cash, this is a great surprise for the next person.
When asking someone about their week, the usual response is, “It was okay.” After this response, ask, “Okay, now how was your week really?” Works well and shows people you’re serious.
An unexpected blessing is an even bigger blessing. Maybe you will even inspire someone else to be a blessing to others.
Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.