Spirituality; what is it and how does it translate into our well-being? These are the controversial questions that I’ve raised since reading Baxter Magolda’s novel, Authoring Your Life. This research project will try its best to provide answers and explanations to the above questions; all in hopes of enlightening myself and others.
Critical thinking is a widely used phrase among scholars. It signifies a process; a process of deep thought, open mindedness, and research that is tailored to each individual’s strengths and beliefs (Tayler Hahn, Ashley Garcia). Unique from everyone else’s, my philosophy is outlined below:
My Personal Critical Thinking Formula
- Identify the subject of interest (this semester I will focus on spirituality)
- Remembering to remain open minded, move on to the next step
- Perform research on the topic a. Find scientific studies about my topic and analyze the results b. Perform my own studies related to the research topic (if possible)
- Once research has been performed (and only then) choose a stance on the issue
- Write about the topic in a way that articulates my findings to my peers