Learning Outcomes

image_pdfimage_print

Comp 250 has turned out to be very different than what I thought it was going to be like. I expected to be writing several typical research papers like in comp 1. Instead we have been blogging, having in depth class discussions, and presentations. I’ve had trouble blogging daily because I feel like I don’t know what to write about, and when I do start writing I run out of things to say or get bored of it. However, I do like that it is different, I haven’t had any other class do this and I doubt any of them will, and that is exciting.

Learning Outcomes

Rhetorical Knowledge: I understand how to read and write using rhetoric. Mainly I understand rhetoric in a social situation. This class gave me the awareness of how we use rhetoric in our daily lives, and that it doesn’t just pertain to a 5 page paper.

Critical Thinking: I made the most knowledge with this skill. Critical thinking is the most prevalent  in class and on our blogs. Every discussion takes us to another part of our brains where we make our own knowledge and form our own opinions instead of regurgitating facts. I have struggled with this the most because it is new to me. This skill will progress with me as I continue to grow as a scholar, and I think it will have a big impact when I become a teacher and hopefully a principal.

Writing Convention: The blogs have really expanded the way we write. Within the blogs we can include visual design to round out our writing.