I Have a Dream

All my life I have been trying to prepare myself for the future. I wanted to plan out my life before I finished college so that I could live my life just the way I wanted to. I had a dream of living my life the way I wanted to. I dreamed the kind of house ill have, what job ill take and the car I’ll drive. I know their will be many steps and stages before I reach my dreams but I will never stop reaching for them. Right now I’m in the stage of how to get everything I planned out. I have to make money. A keystone in many dreams that must be obtained. I knew that college would be a good way to go, but it takes money to. That’s why I went from never working a real job to working two jobs for an equivalent of 40-46 hours a week while going to school full time. All of this to achieve a goal that is far in the future. The process will be difficult and the times trying, but it will only make the reward greater.

Lesson of the Day: Dream big, there is always a path that will lead you to your goal.

2 thoughts on “I Have a Dream

1. I think that this dream you have has been ingrained into the American ideals of life ever since the we won the revolutionary war and western expansion began to take place. This “Manifest Destiny” approach to life is what makes our country so unique and presents a special freedom that not all country’s have. The opportunity to be able to create whatever life that you can dream of having is notable and the fact that you are taking advantage of this is commendable.

2. I think it is a normal feeling to want to be able to have your life planned out before you actually go about college and a job, etc. I feel as if the unknown and not knowing what will happen every second, of every day, is without a doubt a frightening thing, but that’s life. Life is unknown, plain and simple. I think that it’s valid to be scared of the unknown though. So many people elaborate on the fact that we “only have one life,” therefore they feel as if every second needs to be made perfect. But, I think that the truth of the matter is that perfection is unreachable, and every day should be taken one day at a time. I think this kind of leads to your “lesson of the day”. The idea that there is always a path, just let life take you there.
    Branching off of this, the idea of “lesson of the day” itself is very clever, but, maybe put it at the beginning of the post. Therefore, your reader will have the lesson in mind when they read the post. Just an idea:)