Musical MD

Dear Doctor,

I have ran into a lull in my life. After the day is done I feel exhausted and stressed from the many obligations of work and routine. I don’t get the same emotional balance as I do with my music. Each song I hear doesn’t fill me with spiritual sustenance. I feel hollowed out by the time the sun dips down. At this point I feel desperate for any type of advice. That is why I am writing to you. Can you please help me?

Sincerely,

Mr. Feeling Down

Dear Mr. Feeling Down,

Thank you for taking the time to write to me, I am more than happy to help you! I myself have had times in my life where I’ve felt the daily routine just wasn’t doing it for me. So I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest you go to a music festival this summer. School is just about out and it would be a great way to get on vacation and celebrate making it through another semester with work and school. Music festivals are a different type of therapy, but you are talking to a music doctor :-). They bring people from all over together to enjoy the thing we love the most- music, camping, art, community, friendships and memories that will last forever. Music Festivals are out of this world, and make you truly learn to let loose and enjoy life at it’s finest. Below, there is a list of a bunch of festivals going on this summer, links to they’re website, and my doctors recommendation for you.

Wakarusa at Mulberry Mountain in Ozark, AR

June 4-7, 2015

http://www.wakarusa.com/

I recommend Wakarusa especially if you haven’t been to a music festival before. It’s huge, and people from across the country come out for it. This was my first music festival personally, and I can tell you I left feeling so blessed to be surrounded by a music community so accepting in paradise for the weekend. Oh, but make sure to bring rain boots. Those are a must!

42nd Annual Telluride Bluegrass Festival in Telluride, CO

June 18-21, 2015

https://www.bluegrass.com/telluride/

Telluride Bluegrass Festival has been happening for 42 years now, and tickets sell out almost instantly as soon as they go on sale every year.You can still find tickets, obviously, but it’s side affects may include money spending, beer drinking, smiling, dancing in circles, and increased heart rate because of the beautiful mountains of Telluride surrounding you. Plus, it’s only a couple hours away from Durango, how convenient! I personally have never been, but I’m excited to spend my birthday there this summer. See you there?

Sonic Bloom Festival at Hummingbird Ranch in Rye, CO

June 18-21, 2015

http://sonicbloomfestival.com/

If you aren’t at Telluride Bluegrass, Sonic Bloom is where it’s at. If you are looking for that spiritual wholeness, this is the festival for you. With multiple workshops with artists and speakers of all different backgrounds, awesome music, art, and cool clothes you will want to stay there forever. I’ve been the past couple years and it’s always so amazing. If you go this summer, I will order you a prescription for Heady Tacos, they are so dank- seriously. Sonic Bloom is also in Colorado so you can legally have pot at the festival.

Arise Music Festival at Sunrise Ranch in Loveland, CO

August 7-9, 2015

http://www.arisefestival.com/2015/

I recommend Arise Music Festival for you because this one changed my life. Seriously- theĀ best , experiences I have ever had. This one is full of music, workshops, yoga, rock stacking, art, arial acrobatics, costume contests, camping, jam seshs, and flow arts of all kinds galore! It’s like an adult Disney Land, there is always something to do there. This year artists like Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, The Polish Ambassador, Trevor Hall, Emancipator, and so much more are taking the stage- it’s going to be a great time!

If you have any other questions, or are seeking more advice, feel free to contact me.

I believe in you Mr. Feeling Down!

Sincerely,

Musical MD