THE AUDIENCE FOR ECONOMICS
Writing for an Audience, from Language: A Reader for Writers, and Writer/Designer overlap on the element of audience. Writer/Designer: Chapter Two touches on the element of audience by deconstructing the individuals elements of rhetorical analysis, but it also comes audience from the perspective of design. Writing for an Audience approaches the topic of audience as a gap that must be closed, or bridged, between the author and the reader. They both have overlapping themes, yet they give an approach for audience from different vantage points.
Writer / Designer (Chapter Two): Audience
- Audience is the intended readership for your text.
- There are Primary and Secondary audiences:
- Primary: intended audience
- Secondary: outside of the intended audience
- Consider the values and opinions of both the primary and secondary audiences.