*Bulk of communication comes from reading and expression
* Sister Jean Prejean will be coming tomorrow to Ft. Lewis Campus to discuss her relationship she developed with a death row inmate and her feelings of the death penalty in the United States.
* The lecture will be at 7:00 pm. at the Whalen Auditorium.
*She will discuss the different sides of the story concerning a brutal crime committed by 2 brothers, the families of the victims, and the forgiveness that comes from one of the victims family members.
* There are no winners in these situations, but Sister Prejean allowed through her writings to give us a glimpse into the world of a death row inmate and the mental anguish of the victims families.
*Further class discussions included an assignment of an 800-1000 word essay
* discussion of our own death on a hypothetical level
* remember that there will always be multiple times the papers will be written and rewritten
*getting specific with writing is what is important and necessary to create a well written paper.
* Connections that are developed through writings
*during the writing process it is important to write everything down and realize all things and thoughts are important and will fit together through the process of rewrites and editing
*Readings of MalcolmX , Emily Strasser, and Victor Villanueva for comparisons and integration of their writings .
*Read each reading the first time and then again for more in depth information to create a comparison and of their works.
That lecture was amazing. I opened up my eyes so much to see how we judge the bad people with no forgiveness. She was fantastic.